Many people have dreams from childhood. Some want to be a doctor or an engineer. Others want to be a teacher or pilots. But they don’t know how they can achieve their goals. Because they don’t have all the information necessary to realize their dreams, their dreams are incomplete. Today’s article will provide you with information about how to become a pilot, how long it takes, and other details.
How to become a pilot?
It is important to know what it takes to be a pilot and what training you need to do so that you can make a career out of it. You must pass 10th class and get good marks to become a pilot. You must start your preparations for becoming a pilot from 11th grade. Also, it is mandatory to complete these subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Maths to become a pilot. You must pass the 11th and 12th classes from PCM. Also, you need to be fluent in English. You should be able speak English properly.
- Pass the 10th class.
- Select Science stream for class 11th.
- Choose a PCM subject from the Science stream to pass the 12th class
- Passed 12th Class with at least 50 c/o marks
- Enhance your English language skills
Tips to become a pilot
- Get Bachelors Degree
- Flying experience
- Apply for a pilot license
- Continue your training and take part in testing
- Apply for a student pilot’s license.
- Apply for Private Pilot License
- Apply for a commercial pilot’s license.
What to study to become a pilot?
You must pass the pilot entrance exam after you have passed 12th Class. Children who wish to become pilots after 12th Class need to be guided. After the 12th, you can also apply for the pilot entrance exam. You must have a medical certificate from Armed Forces Central Medical Establishment. The following steps are required to pass the pilot entrance exam.
- Written test
- Medical exam
How much time does it take to become a pilot?
To become a pilot, you must first be admitted to a flying club that is recognized by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India. You also need to apply for a student pilot license and take the entrance exam. After passing the exam, you will need to finish training. Because of our lack of resources, it takes two to three years to become an Indian pilot. If you are looking to fly abroad, you can do so in one year.
What qualifications are required to become a pilot?
You must meet the eligibility requirements to become a pilot. These are the eligibility requirements to become a pilot:
- Candidate must have Indian citizenship
- You must have completed the 10th class.
- It is required to pass 12th grade with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with at least 50 c/o marks.
- It is important that you can speak English fluently.
- At least 5 feet should be your maximum height.
- Minimum 16 years old and maximum 32 years should be your age.
- Any type of serious illness should be avoided
- You should have perfect eyesight.
- You can also take the course to become an instructor pilot.
How do you become a pilot after your 12th grade?
To be eligible to take any course in aviation, you will need to meet the requirements of the academy or institute. Below are the requirements for becoming a pilot in India after the 12th year.
- To start training, you must be at least 17 years old.
- You must have at least 50% in 10+2. This may vary depending on the requirements of the institute.
- You must have completed MPC subjects (Maths Physics Chemistry) with English at the Intermediate level.
- Non-science students can take the required subjects through either the National Institute of Open Schooling or private candidates from the state boards.
- A medical certificate from the appropriate authorities will be required.
What is the salary of a Pilot?
Many people dream of becoming commercial pilots. The salary of the pilot is quite high in India, and it is considered the most rewarding job. You must complete the SPL training to become a commercial flight instructor. After passing these exams you can become a commercial plane pilot. This position pays a good salary of around 80,000-2 lakhs per month. It can go up to 3 to 5 million per month after that. A commercial pilot in India can make a monthly income of 1.5-2 lakhs. If you choose to fly the Indian Air Force route, the annual salary could be between 1.5-2 lakhs.
Career options after becoming a Pilot
Below are the details of career options for pilots:
Pilots of airline aircraft
Pilots are those who fly an airline to transport passengers or cargo over longer distances. This is the most popular career choice for pilots. Commercial pilots fly regional airlines to transport passengers and cargo. This career is a good choice for young people as it involves fewer overnight flights and keeps you closer to your home.
Corporate pilots fly small turboprops or jets for individuals and private companies to travel to meetings with corporate executives.
You will learn to fly fighter aircraft, also known as a military pilot. Aerial combat is also a possibility for fighter pilots.
Charter pilots are pilots who fly passengers to certain destinations. Also known as “air taxis”, they are also called pilots. You can either own your charter company or work with other charter airlines.
How to join Air Force as a Pilot?
Many youngsters dream of being a pilot in India’s Air Force. Airforce pilots must go through extensive training. They also learn to fly Fighter Jets. You can become an Air Force pilot by completing the same requirements as a commercial pilot.
Types of Air Force Pilots
You can become a pilot with the Indian Air Force in one of four ways.
- NDA (National Defense Academy).
- CDSE (Combined Defense Service Exam).
- SSCE (Short Service Commission Entry).
- NCC (National Cadet Corps)
After graduation, you must pass the UPSC entrance exam to become a pilot. The training lasts for three years. After training, the candidate is appointed as a Permanent Commission officer in the Indian Air Force Station.
What is the cost of becoming a pilot?
Friends, it is very expensive to become a pilot because you must pay the entire cost. It is expensive to become a pilot. The cost of the education can run to at least 20-25 lakhs. The cost of becoming a pilot depends on the training institute where you were admitted. You must join Indian Airforce to be a pilot for less money.
How do you become the pilot of a helicopter?
A candidate must pass the IGRUA Entrance Examination to become a helicopter pilot. Also known as the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy Examination, the IGRUA Entrance Examination is required. The DGCA (Directorate General Civil Aviation Government of India) conducts this exam. Directorate General of Civil Aviation Government of India. After passing the written exam, the candidate is called for a medical examination. Then, he will be called for a medical exam and called for an interview. Candidates who pass the exam are admitted to the course to become helicopter pilots.
Helicopter Pilot Qualification
- Candidate must be able to pass class XII in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- Minimum 50% marks should be obtained in the 12th.
- English language proficiency is required for students.
- A candidate must be at minimum 16 years old to obtain a student pilot’s license.
- The age requirement for a private pilot license is the same.
- The minimum age for a commercial pilot license is 18 years.
What are the various Pilot training centers in India?
- Asiatic International Aviation Academy, Indore
- Blue Diamond Aviation, Pune
- Acumen School of Pilot Training in Delhi
- International School of Aviation, New Delhi
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
What are the skills required to become a pilot?
- Strong technical skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making
- Situational and environmental awareness
- good communication skills
- A disciplined and focused personality
- Strive for excellence
- High degree of flexibility
- Mental stability and physical health
- Good sense of teamwork
- Leadership quality that is learned or inborn
Who are the top recruiters?
- Air India
- Air Asia
- Spice Jet
- Air India Charters Ltd
- Alliance Air
- India Jet Airways
- Air Costa
Is it possible to become a pilot after 12th grade?
Yes, pilot training in science requires a minimum of 10+2 points. The minimum age to take pilot training courses is 17.
Which subjects are the most important for pilots?
You must be a qualified pilot by having a background in Physics and Maths.
What is the cost of the pilot course?
The average cost of pilot training courses is between 15 lakhs and 50 lakhs, depending on which type of course it is.